Job Title: Medical Office Administrative Assistant
Position Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Department / Group: Gynecology
Level / Salary Range: CI$33,600 – CI$38,400 per annum
Working Hours: 45 Hours Per Week
The Medical Office Administrative Assistant will provide a high quality, professional reception and administrative service to patients, doctors, staff, colleagues, health service professionals and others. To act as the first point of contact for patients contacting OceanMed and to portray OceanMed in the highest possible professional basis. To ensure that enquiries from patients are efficiently and courteously handled to the mutual satisfaction of the partners and patients. The Medical Office Administrative Assistant will use a variety of organizational skills, industry-relevant knowledge and technology to efficiently administer the front office and ensure the clinic runs efficiently.
Required Hours of Work
The candidate will be required to work 45 hours per week, which will include 1 hour lunch break per work day. Working day will generally be Monday to Friday and every other Saturday.
Role and Responsibilities
- Greet patients and visitors to the clinic.
- Registers new patients and updates existing patient demographics by collecting detailed patient information including personal and financial information.
- Updates and organizes medical records by ensuring that documents are completed and filed according to policy and procedure, always observing protocols to ensure compliance with patient confidentiality guidelines.
- Answering incoming telephone calls, ensuring calls are documented and redirected accordingly. Regularly check and respond to voicemail and emails in a timely manner.
- Schedules and coordinates different procedure appointments, including giving proper and accurate pre-exam instructions.
- Facilitates patient flow by notifying the provider of patients’ arrival, being aware of delays, and communicating with patients and clinical staff.
- Confirms appointments for the next workday.
- Respond and/or redirect all patient and visitor requests accordingly.
- Complies with request for copies of patient records from patients, and other persons such as physicians, attorneys, and insurance companies, following policies to safeguard patient confidentiality.
- Verifies patient insurance information prior and on appointment’s date by obtaining pre-authorization for procedures when appropriate. Also, analyzes and explains insurance benefits to patients at the time of registration. Completes and submits insurance claims.
- Provides quality customer service to patients and clinic staff.
- Provide coverage for the Women’s Patient Care Coordinator in her absence and assist in other areas of the clinic when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent, Technical school and/or AA diploma, accredited Medical Assistant Training Program preferred
- The post-holder must be able to communicate effectively and collaboratively across varied staff disciplines.
- Adhere to accepted professional and ethical standards.
- Ability to work effectively within role independently and with other team members.
- Ability to organize and complete work in a timely manner.
- Ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English.
- High proficiency in all program components of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to understand medical terminology.
- Health Requirements: In good health and able to work without restrictions as evidenced by a health statement.
- Demonstrated commitment to professional growth and lifelong learning (e.g., continuing medical education in the specialty area(s) performed, higher education, research, staff training, etc.).
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer skills and software programs used for documentation activities and report generation.